March 24, 2010

My Silly Heart, When Will You Learn?

My silly heart, when will you learn?
You cannot hold these sweet lips that burn,
You cannot keep this maddening scent,
That lingers long after the day is spent.
My silly heart, when will you learn?

These hairs that graze her cheeks and raze my soul,
These fingers that lock in mine and make me whole,
That, for which, my empty heart, you yearn,
You cannot keep, when will you learn?

The unreserved passion that sets her body trembling,
The undeserved warmth that seeps through her dissembling,
These and the hundred other gifts you did not earn,
You cannot keep, my greedy heart, when will you learn?

This look of longing in her eyes, you cannot retain,
This flush of anger on her face, you cannot detain,
You cannot stay the manic wheel in its timeless turn,
Nor this moment of rapture capture, when will you learn?

My silly heart, when will you learn?

1 comment:

  1. the heart never does learn...but isn't that the beauty of it???

    ReplyDelete